Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Current Value of NOS Altec Items?

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Hello folks!

    I'm trying to ascertain the current value of some NOS, never-opened Altec items, and I thought I might get some insight from you, if you don't mind.

    Here's what is going to go for sale. Please let me know what you feel like is a fair market value for each one (also - if you're interested in purchasing, let me know):

    1. Altec Lansing 814A Extenda Voice Speaker System
    2. Altec Lansing 802?8G Compression Driver, Serial # 10814
    3. Altec Lansing 311?90 Horn
    4. Altec Lansing 288?16G Compression Driver
    5. JBL 2405-1159

    THANKS!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Todd,

    Belts are being tightened all over, I've even eyeballed some of my "dustables" of late... forums

    Still, NOS stuff may bring the 'haves' out of hiding.

    A brief search of completed eBay listings didn't yield many comparables for your items. Jammin' Jersey has all the drivers (used) listed and priced, and I'd think your NOS examples should bring at least what they ask for good used. 311s were in favor last fall, averaging around $300. The 814 is an enigma I'd hate to guess on.

    The 2405 might be the quickest $. Throwing it (and the rest) up on the LH sale category with prices is worth the effort.

    Pure speculation from an impure hillbilly mind you... forums

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I really don't want them to go on eBay - I would prefer that Altec fans get them, you know?

    Hopefully, some folks here will respond...

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member zelgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2002
    Posts
    302
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Todd.
    Are these all singles?

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes - they come from the estate of a late Altec contractor.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry to hear that Todd. A friend?

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    I knew who he was - but I did not know him personally.

    He passed away some time ago, and his family is only now getting through the last of his stuff, and these are what he has left that is not used. They've asked me to help them determine what they are worth.

    It's the least I could do...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Todd, All I can really speak to is the 802-8G.

    I actually ought to stay right out of this because I base values on what I think are real prices rather then what Ebay Auctions may or may not realize.

    New and in the original box I would expect an 802-8G to fetch between $200-$500 for a single.
    Keep in mind I said NIB.

    I doubt you will find a taker here in that price range unless we have a nostalgic collector among us I'm not aware of.

    Most of the big dollar collectors come from over seas and I think an 802-8G in an un opened box would command a premium if offered in the right setting.

    For us more frugal Altec fans I find nothing wrong with finding that driver used and in questionable condition for under $50 and sending it to Bill at GPA for a complete overhaul to be ready to perform. I have never heard a box yet that makes them sound any better! LOL

    Gary

  9. #9
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just too bad they're all singles. Even us po' boys get overly excited at NOS pairs sometimes.

    I'm so ashamed...the thought of buying them to flip crossed my mind briefly. What was I thinking...?

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Are out ears sensitive enought to detect a difference between an original NIB Altec 288?16G or a 802?8G and a current production one from GPA? Maybe you can mix & match? Assuming of course play through the same horn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.